If you are an active MA student and you want a student ID card, but live at a distance from the campus, here is what you do:
Using your @mercy.edu email account, send a photo of your face along with your full first name, last name, and college ID number (your eight-digit CWID number) to Jamie Funigiello at: JFunigiello@mercy.edu
Full photo guidelines are:
- Submit a color photo of just your face taken in last 6 months
- Have someone else take your photo – no selfies
- Submit a high-resolution photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated
- Use a clear and unedited image of your face; do not use filters such as those commonly used on social media
- Face the camera directly with full face in view
- Have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open
- Use a plain white or off-white background
Let Jamie know in your email that you are a distance-learning graduate student in the MA English Lit program and that you would like a student ID card. He will explain the process further and get you the ID card.
Student ID cards can be useful for securing discounts at various places, and will usually get you access to other university and college libraries in your area that would be otherwise inaccessible.